- No purchase necessary to enter or win
From time to time Seagull Book ("SB") will sponsor a contest either in a store, online (social media) or both. A hard copy of the following rules, and any other specific contest rules as applicable, are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at our corporate office located at 1226 S 630 E Ste 4 American Fork, UT 84003.
GENERAL CONTEST RULES
- Contest Dates/Eligibility: Contest dates for a SB Contest will be flexible and stated accordingly on the specific contest entry point (the "Site"). SB may change the dates and/or the terms of a Contest without prior notice. A Contest is open to all legal U.S. residents ("Contestant"), of the United States eighteen (18) years of age and older at the time of entry. Persons who have won a prize (cash, services, merchandise) from a SB contest or SB event in the last 90 days are not eligible to participate. No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase a contestant's chance of winning. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Employees or agents of SB, its parent company Deseret Management Corporation, subsidiaries, affiliated entities, or entity associated with the sponsorship of the Contest (collectively, the "Sponsors"), as well as members of the same household of any such employee or agent, are ineligible to participate. These restrictions also apply to immediate household members of contest or prize winners. The phrase "members of the same household" includes but is not limited to, spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, and any other persons residing at the same household, whether or not related. No more than one (1) winner per household per calendar year.
- Prizes: All prize, sales and other taxes, gratuities and/or fees, and any other incidentals associated with the prize are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner. Prizes will not include any other cost or expense not expressly stated. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be substituted, except by Sponsors for reasons of unavailability. In which case, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. SB assumes no responsibility or liability for damages, loss or injury to the prizewinner resulting from acceptance or use of the prize. SB reserves the right to substitute a prize or any component of a prize with a prize or component of comparable value should the original prize or component be unavailable, regardless of reason. SB, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. Decisions of SB are final. Winner must produce identification satisfactory to the SB prior to being awarded Prizes. Each entrant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in the Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements.
- Prize Acceptance: To be eligible to claim your prize you must sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Waiver in accordance with these rules. Refusal to do so will disqualify you from winning or being awarded a prize.
- Conditions/Restrictions: By entering you, the contest participant, agrees to strictly adhere to the applicable Contest rules and understands that the Contestant is subject to disqualification for non- compliance with the rules. In exchange for the right to participate in the Contest, each contestant agrees to release and indemnify the Sponsor and its officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees (the "Released Parties"), from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, for any personal injury or loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense which may occur from the conduct of, preparation for, travel to, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use or misuse of any prize or participation of any related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the participant's participation, or their results, in the Contest. SB is not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded/delivered due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, or weather. Anyone using fraudulent means to participate in and/or win the Contest will be subject to disqualification. SB is not responsible for technical, hardware, software internet or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, regardless of cause. SB reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of SB corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of any Internet promotion or contest, or the Internet portion of any promotion or contest. In all contests publicized on SB's Facebook and/or Instagram page you must be a member of Facebook and/or Instagram to view the Contest page.
- Taxes: The winner may receive and be required to complete an IRS Form W-9 and may receive an IRS Form 1099-Misc. from Sponsor. Winner will be responsible to pay all taxes and or fees associated with the prize.
- Representations and Warranties: By submitting a contest entry, Contestant represents, warrants, acknowledges and agrees that Contestant: (i) has read and meets the eligibility requirements; (ii) has submitted viable Contestant contact information; (iii) understands that if any of the information submitted is false or incomplete, it will void the Contestant's entry to the Contest; and Contestant (iv) agrees to be bound by these and any other Official Contest Rules.
- Compliance with Law: The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein.
- Rules: Copies of these rules are free and available at the Site or by contacting SB during regular business hours. SB reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without any resulting responsibility or liability, to cancel, modify or suspend this Contest or to amend these rules and regulations at any time for any reason. All changes to contest rules will be posted online. Any violation of these rules will result in disqualification.
- Disclaimer: Facebook, Instagram and other social media websites or their entities have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in SB's Contests or any prize awarded. SB's Contests are in no way sponsored by, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or any other social media website.